Bug in KURL handling(?)

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Dec 14 10:53:51 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 12:25, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Andras Mantia wrote:
> > I suppose this is a bug in KURL handling since the introduction of
> >file:/// support, this is why I post it here, not on kfm-devel. If I
> >have a file (attached) and type in Konqueror:
> >
> >/home/user/anchor-test.html#ACTIONS-APPLY
>
> Before that, what is the real name for the file?

Hm, actually it was called anchor-bug.html, just as the attached file is
called.

> I am assuming your attached file is called "anchor-test.html" and is
> in directory "/home/user".

Right, we can assume it.

> So the above string doesn't point to the file.

 Hm, right as there can be a file named A#B. Didn't think about it.

> >I get "The file or folder
> >file:///home/andris/anchor-bug.html#ACTIONS-APPLY does not exist."
>
> This is wrong. This message does not correspond to the filename you
> typed. It should say:
> file:///home/andris/anchor-bug.html%23ACTIONS-APPLY

But that's what I get.

> >If I type "file:///home/andris/anchor-bug.html#ACTIONS-APPLY", it
> > works.
>
> As expected.

I don't get it why should it work in this case? If I have the file
called "A#B" now "file:///home/user/A#B" isn't the same as
"/home/user/A#B"? With the current logic this looks like the first one
will open file "A" and go to link "#B" and the second one would open
file "A#B".
I can see some logic behind as one would want to do access both the A#B
or directly the anchor B in file A, but it's confusing and
inconsistent.

> >The real-life problem is that when I click on a link like "<a
> >href="file:///usr/share/doc/packages/privoxy-suse/user-manual/action
> >s-fi le.html#ADD-HEADER">add-header</a>" it won't take be to the
> > ADD-HEADER section and the URL bar will show:
> > "/usr/share/doc/packages/privoxy-suse/user-manual/actions-file.html
> >#ADD -HEADER". Clicking on the Location bar and pressing enter gives
> > the above error.
>
> That is indeed wrong. It looks to me to be a KHTML bug (for not
> parsing the URL properly), coupled with something in Konqueror.
Might be related to another Konqui bug I already reported (don't know
the BR# now).

Andras

- --