Importing KGeography into kdeedu

Albert Astals Cid astals11 at terra.es
Mon Dec 13 22:37:31 GMT 2004

I forgot to tell you two things.

The first is a description of what KGeography is:
KGeography is a tool for learning [political] geography.
Right now there are 9 maps for it
	- Africa
	- Europe
	- France
	- Germany
	- Italy
	- North and Central America
	- South America
	- Spain
	- USA
On each map you can do:
	- Browse it clicking on a region to get its name + capital
	- The program asks you to click on certain region given its name
	- The program asks you to select the capital of a region given its name
	- The program asks you to select the region given its capital name
	- The program asks you to select the region given its flag
	- The program asks you to select the flag given the region name
Not all maps have flags

Maps are made up of a bitmap image, a xml file describing and optionally a
flag for each of the regions so it is not difficult adding new ones.

The second is that the tarball at berlios is a "old" version, i mean, CVS has
newer features and is better in some other ways so if you want to test it
better use the CVS version.

Albert

A Dilluns 13 Desembre 2004 12:17, Albert Astals Cid va escriure: