How did akregator come into kdepim?

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Dec 12 12:08:45 GMT 2004

On Sunday 12 December 2004 06:01, George Staikos wrote:
> On Saturday 11 December 2004 20:25, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > When updating kdepim HEAD from CVS I noticed that akregator now is
> > in kdepim. How did this happen? I thought the result of the
> > discussion we had a few days ago was to put it into kdenetwork.
>
>    Kontact parts (PIM::Part) make this impossible.  We tried it, but
> kdenetwork then depended on kontact.

You should have talked to the kdepim people before doing this. It's
completely unacceptable to have a discussion on the mailing lists with
a clear agreement how to proceed and then privately do something
different.

The KPIM::Part dependency problem is something we have to solve anyway
because it makes it impossible to write third party plugins for
Kontact. Moving all parts which are meant to be integrated into kdepim
can't be the solution.

Another problem we have now is that there are two versions of librss in
KDE CVS. That's simply wrong.