KBabel/win32: GNU gettext license

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky at kde.org
Thu Dec 9 09:36:16 GMT 2004

Dňa St 8. December 2004 18:06 Alexander Neundorf napísal:
> On Wednesday 08 December 2004 15:01, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> > It seems the best would be reimplement the single function KBabel really
> > needs and drop the original gettext implementation.
> >
> > I will do it (using other algorithm for approximate string matching)
> > soon.
>
> Maybe there is already something under a BSD license somewhere in the BSD
> camp ?

Maybe. Even the code taken from gettext is based on algorithm from a book
and there is number of different algorithms as well doing similar thing
(computing similarity of two strings). Google shows a number of different
implementations (but I haven't found the one used in gettext -> so KBabel
will behave differently than gettext, but it should  not be a problem, if
the results are reasonable although not exactly the same).

Stano