[patch] Minicli shows app descriptions

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Mon Dec 6 22:27:50 GMT 2004

On Monday 06 December 2004 23:17, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 06 December 2004 23:14, David Faure wrote:
> > On Monday 06 December 2004 22:26, Unai Garro wrote:
> > > I found a feature like this would improve minicli's usability.
> > > With the attached patch, when a command is typed in, it shows the
> > > name and description of the application you're about to run. See
> > > the screenie and patch for a better description ;)
> >
> > Sometimes I miss the kde1 minicli which only had a lineedit :/
> >
> > Which kind of use case does this improvement target?
> > Either you know the name of the executable you want to launch (and
> > then the description doesn't tell you anything you didn't already
> > know), or you don't know the name of the executable - and then
> > instead of trying 100 names in minicli (!) you simply open the K
> > menu and start the app, right? So I fail to see the point...
>
> Same here.
> Makes minicli even bigger and maybe slower.

My minicli in KDE 3.3.1 has kinda excatly one line of free space under
the lineedit...

Maybe the additionnal text should appear with a little delay after the
last character has been typed  (100-500 ms), then I guess there would
be no visible slowdown... (just IMHO)

--
Linux 2.6.9 #1 Mon Nov 1 12:01:23 CET 2004 i686
 23:24:48 up  3:04,  1 user,  load average: 0.47, 0.35, 0.60