ktoolbarlabelaction class

Felix Berger bflat1 at gmx.net
Sun Dec 5 15:27:21 GMT 2004

Hi,

a couple of months ago I proposed to add the KToolbarLabelAction class to
kdeui.

At that time there were still some problems when a KSqueezedTextLabel is used
with the KToolbarLabelAction.

By overriding QLabel::setAlignment(int) in KSqueezedTextLabel I could fix this
problem, this also solves problems when setting a buddy for a
KSqueezedTextLabel, although this might not be an intended use, since it's
not clear if the accelerator key is visible at all.

The problem was that QLabel::setBuddy(QWidget*) called
QLabel::setAlignment(int) which respectively called the virtual
QLabel/KSqueezedTextLabel::setText(const QString&) with the squeezed text as
argument. Thus the original full text of the squeezed label was lost.

I've attached a tar archive which contains the ktoolbarlabelaction files, test
files for the ktoolbarlabelaction and a patch for the Makefile.am and
ksqueezedtextlabel files.

I'd also volunteer to patch all KDE applications I can find that use their
own/wrong/different implementation if it makes sense.

Sincerely,
Felix Berger

--
Use Debian GNU/Linux!