[patch] Scale and Crop wallpaper mode

Unai Garro ugarro at telefonica.net
Fri Dec 3 19:05:27 GMT 2004

This is a patch for a new mode to scale wallpapers. Just drop at it any
aspect-ratio wallpaper (5:4, 3:4,16:9...) and it will fill your screen
completely without distorting the image. Of course if the ratio doesn't
match, part of the image will go offscreen, but your image will not get
distorted.

I called this method "optimal fill" before
( http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=109327126532431&w=2 it's quite)
but people suggested renaming it.

I liked the name  aseigo suggested on irc "Scale and Crop". I think it pretty
clearly explains what it does.

So if there're no other complaints and seems like a useful feature, I'd like
to commit this.

 I'll give you some time for flames, but the feature freeze is coming soon, so
I can't wait for 3 months more waiting for someone to commit it this time! =)

Regards,

	Unai

PS:  I was tempted by the "breasts full screen" name as suggested by someone,
but I think that would cause trouble for translators, so I decided to go for
a less "accurate" wording ;)