KDElibs/win32 merge: How to resolve followin issue..

Linterra linterra at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 14:24:52 BST 2004

http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/

Free upgraded compiler... but it's worhless because it still exhibits
the same defect Although some of the other defects you're going to hit
while compiling KDE-Base (and more important to me at least, KDevelop)
with VC6 have been fixed, so you might want to upgrade anyway.  It
will coexist with VC6 without any problems.  I've not read the license
agreement, so please read it first to make sure you're not getting
tied into a corner.

I'm not well known as I've only been lurking here, so I'll not bother
voting, but I plead to the KDE-Base devevlopment community to help
resolve this issue.  Jaroslaw (and hopefully me too, in the very near
future) is working hard to bring KDE apps to Win32.  I've been working
for the past 6 months porting KDevelop to Win32 as well, and I expect
to be completed by the end of the year, but this cannot be
accomplished if certain roadblocks are placed before us.

Thank you for your time.