KDE Doc: We Need Writing Style Guide

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Thu Aug 26 05:53:43 BST 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 09:05 pm, Frans Englich wrote:

> A. Details on how to write texts for 2) and 3) above. For example,
> should we use endashes or emdashes? Should bullet lists end with a
> period? (etc. etc.) I guess this should go in:
> http://i18n.kde.org/doc/doc-primer

This is too pedantic. If people have to follow a guideline that
specifies the type of dash to use, no one will want to write documents.
The users of the documents certainly won't care whether they're seeing
an endash or an emdash. While I'm sure the this is a very important
issue, it's not nearly as important as actually writing the documents.

--
David Johnson