KDE HIG, CIG and AG

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at Kossebau.de
Wed Aug 25 15:18:45 BST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 25. August 2004 15:20 schrieb Aaron Seigo:
> only the maintainers (more on them in a bit) will have commit rights and
> final paches to the guidliens will appear on a kde-guidelines list. this
> will allow domain-specific discussion to occur where appropriate with items
> considered ready by the respective teams to be reviewed for correctness.
> this is important as proposed usability guidelines may have accessibility
> impacts, for instance.

Is access control really needed? Where is the trust among the KDE community?
Doesn't it work in all other cvs modules (except www, for whatever reason)
that there is a rule maintainer-reviews-before-commit? Do we really need to
enforce this here? Gives a really bad feeling. Are guideline writers more
special than code writers?
What about missspelled words or syntax errors? Should we really wait until the
maintainer had the time to review the little fix? And stay with a broken
docbook until?

Please, give a reasoning for this.

Regards
Friedrich