TOPSUBDIRS problem

David Vestal david_vestal at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 24 20:52:24 BST 2004

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 02:39 pm, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:14:41 +0300, ismail donmez <kde at myrealbox.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Konversation users reporting a weird problem during make -f Makefile.cvs:
>>
>> SUBDIRS: variable `TOPSUBDIRS' is used but `TOPSUBDIRS' is undefined
>>
>> I can't understand the problem as make -f Makefile.cvs works here. Anyone
>> has any idea how to fix this?
>
> The users probably have a version of autoconf and/or automake that
> isn't recent enough, they need atleast Automake 1.6.3 or newer  and
> Autoconf 2.53 or newer as per
> http://developer.kde.org/build/compile_cvs.html

I am one of the users getting this error and I am using:
automake-1.7.6
autoconf-2.57

So I don't think that is the problem. If it is of any help, in a new directory
I recheckedout kdeextragear-2 from cvs. I removed the dirs that didn't have
anything to do with konversation and I did make -f Makefile.cvs and still got
the same error.

David