www/areas/usability/hig

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Mon Aug 23 17:25:59 BST 2004

On August 23, 2004 12:06 pm, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> I am guessing there has been some threads on kde-usability that we
> have missed in regards to itents on changing the content of the UIG
> but right now all it involves is improving the format and
> maintainability of the guide so from a kde-www point of view this is a
> good thing.

Just as a comment -

As a developer, I really prefer the old format. The old format had a nice
contents bar on the right that let you quickly jump around the guide to the
parts you felt were important. This new version has no such navigation tool -
You basically have to keep hitting the back button to go back to the index
page, then click the hotlink there.

If a navbar could be added to the new version that would be great.

--
There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We do not believe this to be a coincidence.  ~Jeremy S. Anderson