www/areas/usability/hig

Sashmit Bhaduri sashmit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 06:05:02 BST 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 02:34:32 +0200, Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle at gmx.net> wrote:
> [snip long diatribe]
> that this person decides to go ahead without asking,
> debating or considering and just tries to "create facts"

Alright, I don't see why there is such a large hub-bub about this
thing. From Frans' original commit message:

- Make it readable and attractive.
- The usual advantages of docbook: a breeze to maintain,

It seems that these goals have been fullfiled. Yeah, the timing
probably sucks. Yeah, one could question which one of the UIG
locations is correct. Considering that the two above actions were
probably needed to be done anyways (unless the usability forum wanted
to scrap the UIG completely and make one from scratch-- perhaps a good
idea), why isn't the old location removed? I don't see any advantages
of it compared to the new one.