ANNOUNCE: HEAD is open for development again

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sat Aug 14 19:53:45 BST 2004

On Saturday 14 August 2004 20:40, Stefan Teleman wrote:

> Would this type of requirement be beneficial to KDE in the long run ?
> IMHO, it wouldn't.

Charles was being silly to make a point.  Don't worry -- KDE isn't going to
require that every UNIX in exitance go with our whims or KDE isn't going to
work there.

This discussion is mostly about Linux because it is what 99% of our users are
using.  If we can get things in better shape on Linux that's a win for KDE.
That doesn't mean that we hate other platforms or something, but that solving
problems on Linux will help most of our users.

It seems that everytime someone mentions Linux it quickly degenerates into
someone say that that's the equivalent of dropping support for everything
else.  It's not.  ;-)

-Scott