ANNOUNCE: HEAD is open for development again

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sat Aug 14 06:56:33 BST 2004

Am Freitag 13 August 2004 20:41 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >I'd like to open HEAD for normal development again with this mail. The
> >final KDE_3_3_0_RELEASE is tagged (beside kde-i18n) and I will start
> >preparing packages.
>
> I'd like to know this: are we considering the possibility of a KDE 3.4?
> Or are we allowed to make binary incompatible changes now, thus
> cleaning up the code for KDE 4?
Before decided otherwise, we will go for a KDE 3.4. But that's really out of
the scope of the release dude and should be discussed here and/or on akademy.

I of course have my own opinion and that be directly to go on KDE4 in HEAD and
be more open for feature backports for 3.3.x.

What we can do for sure is creating a KDE4_DEVELOPMENT branch to prepare
bigger breackages, so you don't need to break HEAD every day.

Greetings, Stephan