ANNOUNCE: HEAD is open for development again

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Fri Aug 13 21:53:11 BST 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 11:41 am, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I'd like to know this: are we considering the possibility of a KDE 3.4?
> Or are we allowed to make binary incompatible changes now, thus
> cleaning up the code for KDE 4?

Just so you know, all of multimedia in KDE right now is totally up in the air.
All of our options are unresearched.

1) As far as mixing goes, we don't know what we'll do (and I believe it's
belongs in the kernel, but that won't happen).

2) There are various soundsystems that we have, including NMM, aRts,
GStreamer, and even using the Helix stuff from Real has been suggested.

I think this counts as a serious problem for our plans and we really should
have a plan before proceeding with KDE 4.0.

-Charles

--
Charles Samuels <charles at kde.org>
 Bush Inc. 2001: the top 2% pay more taxes, so deserve more tax cuts