ANNOUNCE: HEAD is open for development again

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Fri Aug 13 20:01:08 BST 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 18:41, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >I'd like to open HEAD for normal development again with this mail. The
> >final KDE_3_3_0_RELEASE is tagged (beside kde-i18n) and I will start
> >preparing packages.
>
> I'd like to know this: are we considering the possibility of a KDE 3.4?
> Or are we allowed to make binary incompatible changes now, thus
> cleaning up the code for KDE 4?

And if that's the case, we should probably coordinate source
compability-breakage, since otherwise HEAD will be a real mess for a long
time. Perhaps making a porting-doc required, to make things easier for
folks(can be a good idea for ones belly button too..), would be a good idea?
Then the final 3rd party porting doc will come by itself.

I have plans to merge the new_kcm_code branch into HEAD(KCM stuff in kdelibs)
during KDE 3.4 or KDE 4, but I'm currently occupied, and it still needs
further work, so I will gladly wait with that.

			Frans