google search bar

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Sat Aug 7 01:01:14 BST 2004

On Friday 06 August 2004 21:30, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> Everybody I know is excited by the "gg:" feature. It's one of the first
> things I tell everybody who uses konqy. They don't forget this feature.

Just how many people is "everybody you know" ?

> And
> I think nowadays most new users have somoebody at hand who tells them about
> this.

Do you think, or do you actually know ? Honestly I'd be very surprised if that
was the case, unless KDE is used by a very small group of people all knowing
each other.

Come on, be honest : you don't like this bar, but you don't have any solid
knowledge on how actually useful it is compared to 'gg:'. Neither have I, but
I'm not claiming otherwise :-).

> Having an extra combo box for this is just plain overhead.

How so ? It virtually takes no screen space since it just shortens the
location bar (and you hardly ever need to read very long URLs).

--
						Guillaume.
						http://www.telegraph-road.org