ANNOUNCE: most of CVS is readonly now

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Fri Aug 6 22:35:15 BST 2004

On Friday 06 August 2004 22:56, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Of course there are downsides of short release cycles
> _and_ the release schedule is known since may and was uploaded
> for discussion then.

Right -- and I'm not suggesting changing things this time -- I didn't think
about this earlier or really until I started getting bug reports.

But I'm just noting for the future that it doesn't make much sense to do
public (often packaged) betas if there's not enough time for bug reports /
fixes to be handled before we hit the really hard freeze.

> I can assure you: whatever you come up with, there will be people
> complaining.

Sure.  Just didn't want for you to feel disappointed this time.  ;-)

-Scott