fix for a few kurlrequester issues....

Ian Reinhart Geiser ian at geiseri.com
Tue Aug 3 13:34:02 BST 2004

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 07:39 am, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 August 2004 07:25, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > 2) Fixed a bug where all of the file filter, modes, and other properties
> > where just ignored.  This now works quite well.
>
> If you look at setFilter for example, it looks like:
>
> void KURLRequester::setFilter(const QString &filter)
> {
>     d->fileDialogFilter = filter;
>     if (myFileDialog)
>        myFileDialog->setFilter( d->fileDialogFilter );
> }
>
> Why does it need to be set again in fileDialog()?
Not sure, basicly it looks like when setFilter is called normally its before
myDialog is valid, so d->fileDialogFilter is just set. This is very odd
though since in theory when myFileDialog is created its all setup.  But its
not, so it wont work at all if you set the filter via a QProperty.

Somehow threading through the logic the dialog is created without any of the
properties being set, hence my patch to the fileDialog() method.  Really its
not much addition to the overhead, and since it fixed the issue, I thought it
was reasonable.

Cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser

--
------(Ian Reinhart Geiser)-----<geiseri at yahoo.com>-----
Did I blink as I watched? Did I close my eyes?