KGlobalSettings::completionMode() can be read, is not consistent in KDE though

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun Apr 25 06:36:53 BST 2004

On Saturday 24 April 2004 04:39, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am moving this discussion about the context menu of text completion
> widgets to kde-usability.

That is fine, but whatever you guys decide, please do not make any changes to
the lineedit/combobox widgets without first letting us know. I am not
subscribed to the usability lists. There are things I do not want to see
changed in these widgets. See my reply to Aaron's suggestion.

> > this
> > leaves us with the problem that there is no GUI (!) for changing the
> > default.
> >
> > Any suggestions where to put something like that?
>
> How about adding a "Configure..." menu entry to the context menu?

No. These widgets are fundamental building blocks. They should never be
encumbered with such unnecessary stuff. On the other hand applications can
add such options if they choose to. The API for these widgets allows one to
extend the popup menu as much as they like.

--
Regards,
Dawit A.