KGlobalSettings::completionMode() can be read, is not consistent in KDE though

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Sun Apr 25 00:22:16 BST 2004

On Saturday 24 April 2004 03:58, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On April 23, 2004 06:38, Dawit A. wrote:
> > Your suggestion or guess would be as good as mine :) The problem of where
> > to put it is why there is no GUI for it already... There are many
> > options, for example in the io-slaves, that have no configuration option
> > ; so this is not by far an isolated problem. The worst part about all of
> > it is that most of these types of options are not documented at all.
>
> this is why i suggested what i suggested in the first place. sure, we have
> a "Default" option but then there is no way to easily adjust that default.
jep.

> if instead the option was "Use Desktop-Wide Setting" (or something similar)
How about "Use as Desktop-Wide Setting" or "Set as Default"? Yours doesn't
make clear that any change actually also changes the default.

> then the user would still be able to select from the list of option,s which
> would then set either the global setting or the app-specific setting
> depending on the state of this entry. this would allow making a change to
> one lineedit affecting ALL others in KDE, while also preserving
> app-specific behaviour as an option.
good one, I think that the popup itself would be the best place to also change
the default---where else would one look for it otherwise?

> here are the four use cases:
fully agreed. Who's gonna implement it? Me? :)

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience