i18n bug regarding Arabic-Indic numbers needinfo.

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kdemail.net
Sun Apr 25 00:10:26 BST 2004

ביום ראשון, 25 באפריל 2004, 00:43, נכתב על ידי Olaf Jan Schmidt:
> Hebrew numbers should be OK: They are base 10 IIRC.
yes and not...
it's muck more complicated... it's not exacatly 10 based, since you need 2
"400" to get a "800"... it's done using letters of the hebrew alphabet.

For example:
a=1, b=2, and then k=10, l=20 m=30,  etc. the last letter of the hebrew
alphabet is equivalent to 400.  But this is too offtopic here. :)

.. and again, I don't care about about this in kppp, since all telephony
systems work in a "normal" 10 based numbering system. This is what they
expect. Since the dialects in subject are compatible, I can translate them.
We can also quite easily say "we do not support this, sorry".

(In Israel we do use sometimes hebrew numbering, but not on phone numbers just
because of the technical issues I mentioned before. I cannot speak about
other cultures.)

--

diego, kde-il translation team

Free MS-Office replacement for most platforms
http://www.openoffice.org/