kicker's show desktop button - what exactly should that do?

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Fri Apr 23 20:00:44 BST 2004

Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  could please somebody explain to me what exactly the 'show desktop' kicker
> button is supposed to do?

I use it very frequently, like that:

  * 1st click: if any window is open (non-minimized), minimize all of them
    (and show the desktop).
  * next click: restore all windows again to their original position, which
    where closed previously (but not the ones which were minimized already
    before 1st click)
  * should I have restored (and maybe changed) one (or more) of the "1st-click"
    minimized windows, the next click starts all over again (minimimize all
    open windows, just as if it were the 1st click)

It is the behaviour I learned to "expect". For me, it is very useful.

> For some reason people think it's me who maintains
> this, but I have no idea what exactly it should do, as I have no need for
> this functionality, whatever it is, and #60480 and #67406 kind of contradict
> on what it should do.

I haven't had time to look at these befor jumping in to comment...  :-)

> I guess I could fix the bugreports for it, but for that
> I need to know what it's actually supposed to do, so please somebody tell
> me :).

Cheers,
Kurt