Help needed: mimetype problem in Cervisia

Christian Loose christian.loose at hamburg.de
Fri Apr 23 17:46:08 BST 2004

Am Freitag, 23. April 2004 18:29 schrieb André Wöbbeking:
> Hi Christian,
>
> On Friday 23 April 2004 18:08, Christian Loose wrote:
> > That's because AFAIK KRun starts the preferred application that can
> > _handle_ the given mimetype. But for the edit file action to make
> > sense we need a mechanism to retrieve the preferred _editor_ for the
> > selected file.
>
> I think we should do it like Konqueror or other KDE apps: one "Open"
> action with the behaviour of the "Edit" action and one "Open with..."
> action if there are more than one app registered for the mimetype. Then
> we can get rid off the "Edit" action.

If I understand you correctly, you would then have to still explicitly choose
Quanta with the "Open with..." action everytime you want to edit a HTML
document. This would make it more consistent with the other KDE apps and it
would improve the situation, but IMHO it's still not perfect.

I think in Cervisia 90% of the times the user wants to _edit_ the file. The
above solution would help but still make the task tedious. That's why Bernd
wanted an edit and not an open action.

--
Christian Loose
Cervisia - http://www.kde.org/apps/cervisia