KGlobalSettings::completionMode() can be read, is not consistent in KDE though

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Thu Apr 22 23:58:12 BST 2004

On Thursday 22 April 2004 13:39, Leo Savernik wrote:

> Am Donnerstag 22 April 2004 01:51 schrieb Dawit A.:
> [...]
>
> > Please do not touch this option. It is not only used by applications. It
> > is also used by widgets such as KLineEdit and KComboBox. Its intention is
> > to allow people to change the completion mode for all the applications
> > from a single point, i.e. kdeglobals. If applications store their own
> > completion modes and restore them later, it is up to them to check and
> > make sure they are correctly using the current global default as needed.
> > I think both Konqueror and Minicli need to be fixed in this regard.
>
> The minicli settings being separated from the global settings is a feature,
> not a bug.

Ehh... I know I implemented it! Please re-read what I wrote carefully. The
only change I am suggesting is that if the user chooses to use the default
completion mode applications should not save this setting in their own config
file. That way if the global configuration is changed, they will use the new
global default the next time they read the config file. See attached patch...

> Why has this issue become an issue at all?
Misunderstanding just like you misunderstood my point... :)

--
Regards,
Dawit A.