KGlobalSettings::completionMode() can be read, is not consistent in KDE though

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Thu Apr 22 00:51:44 BST 2004

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 16:45, Michael Brade wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 April 2004 22:39, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > Hey, wait a moment, does that mean I cannot have minicli use a different
> > completion mode than the other apps. I'm using such a setup right now,
> > and I'd be quite annoyed if that didn't work any more.
>
> Hmm, I was thinking exactly that. Maybe we can leave minicli as an
> exception. However, what's the use of a global config if no one uses it
> anyway? Then we can remove it altoger as well.

Please do not touch this option. It is not only used by applications. It is
also used by widgets such as KLineEdit and KComboBox. Its intention is to
allow people to change the completion mode for all the applications from a
single point, i.e. kdeglobals. If applications store their own completion
modes and restore them later, it is up to them to check and make sure they
are correctly using the current global default as needed. I think both
Konqueror and Minicli need to be fixed in this regard.

> The worst thing ATM is: we  don't even have the possibility to set it
> anywhere.

Huh ? You can change the global default value in kdeglobals

[General]
completionMode= 3

--
Regards,