New BinReloc patch

Arend van Beelen jr. arend at auton.nl
Mon Apr 19 17:05:17 BST 2004

On Monday 19 April 2004 16:33, Harri Porten wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Arend van Beelen jr. wrote:
> > Waldo, are you still against adding this to the API? If I hear no more
> > objections to this patch, I'd like to commit it to CVS.
>
> I also disagree with having a function that simply does return
> QString::null on every other platform than Linux. The comparison with Qt's
> platform specific functions doesn't hold. Those are mostly #ifdef'd and
> therefore result in a compile error if used on other platforms.
Of course I can entire exclude the functions from the API on those platforms.
But I fail to see how that's any better than letting the program compile but
with without binary relocation support.

--
Arend van Beelen jr.
http://www.liacs.nl/~dvbeelen

It's a wonderful life - if you can find it.
-- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds