Sytem Administration / Paths

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Apr 18 20:31:25 BST 2004

On Sunday 18 April 2004 21:11, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> >The problem with having two temps is who defines what small and
> > large are?  So how about we add it to the KControl module.  That
> > way for applications that don't let the user specify a tmp
> > directory, but the user needs to change it they can do so easily
> > (and I'll add an option to KAudioCreator to specify tmp locations).
>
> That makes sense. kdeinit would read this config and set KDETMPDIR,
> KDEVARTMPDIR and whatever else too.
>
> Together with [$e] and [$i], an administrator could also change the
> settings globally.
>
> BTW, why does KMail add kde-core-devel at mail.kde.org to the
> destination list?

Because of
KMail adds both addresses to the list of recipients in case Reply All is
used. For the same reason Reply to Author doesn't work (because it has
to use Reply-To if Reply-To != List-Post).

In general, localpart at domain.tld != localpart at subdomain.domain.tld.
Therefore we can't add any code to treat those addresses as aliases of
each other. Simply add a filter to KMail which rewrites @mail.kde.org
to @kde.org in List-Post and in Reply-To to fix this problem.

Regards,
Ingo