New BinReloc patch

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Apr 18 18:48:25 BST 2004

On Sunday 18 April 2004 19:35, Arend van Beelen jr. wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Been a bit busy last few days, but I've created a new (significantly reduced)
> patch for adding binary relocation support to KStandardDirs. There are now
> two new API calls: executablePrefix() and libraryPrefix(). The first function
> will always return the prefix where the current executable is installed

Why does executablePrefix() use a linux-only (/proc) method for finding the
full path to the current executable? Isn't there a way that works everywhere,
like using argv[0], resolved to $PWD if relative?

I guess libraryPrefix() cannot be "ported" so easily - but OTOH nothing in your patch
seems to be using it...