Sytem Administration / Paths

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at kdemail.net
Sat Apr 17 23:17:54 BST 2004

Benjamin Meyer wrote:
>Originally KAudioCreator had its own option for selecting this
> variable.  But that was removed in place of using KTempFile, but I am
> getting requests to put it back in.  Before adding this back in I
> figured that KAudioCreator is probably not the only application that
> might run into this problem and so a better place to put it would be
> in the Sytem Administration / Paths KControl module.  So before I add
> this I wanted to get some feedback on wheather others thought this
> would be a good thing to add or not.

It makes sense to be able to set what those administrative paths are.
Currently, we can set them with environment variables (KDETMPDIR,
KDEVARTMPDIR [I think!], KDEDIRS, etc.)

However, I don't think KAudioCreator is the rule here. I don't know many
other apps that can create 700 MB worth of temporary files. One other
that comes to mind is k3b, which lets you specify its temporary
directory.

My 384MB RAM-based /tmp is more than enough for anything else I throw at
it.
--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info