LinuxRegistry in Freedesktop & KDE

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Fri Apr 16 09:18:17 BST 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 02:36:04AM -0400, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
> Hello guys.
Hi Duncan,

> After I read the site, I felt the need to at least make everyone hear about
> this project. I am very interested about hearing technical arguments about
> this. I am only subscribed to FD and KDE lists, so gnome guys please CC. (and
> sorry about my english)
The idea is very nice, but storing every key in it's own file is a bit
overkill for a normal file system IMHO. The author said this wouldn't be
a problem with ReiserFS, but we can't force our users to move to
ReiserFS.

On the other hand having a KConfigBackend for this technology would be
cool stuff, so distributions could start porting everything to
LinuxRegistry when they want.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!