KStandardDirs and Autopackage

Arend van Beelen jr. arend at auton.nl
Wed Apr 14 19:51:58 BST 2004

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 20:20, Arend van Beelen jr. wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 April 2004 17:19, Arend van Beelen jr. wrote:
> > As Leo suggested, I will create a first patch so you can better see how
> > it is supposed to work.
>
> Okay, here is my first patch.
>
> http://www.liacs.nl/~dvbeelen/binreloc-patch.tar.bz2
>
> Please let me know what you think of it.
Kinda rushed that out the door as my coffee was getting cold :) Anyway, a few
remarks I would like to add.

First of all, the current functions will work only for applications. This
means if you're writing a library, you can't use it to automatically search
the location where your library is installed. Now this doesn't seem like a
real problem to me, as I would say libraries really shouldn't be outside any
of the $KDEDIRS. It can be extended to libraries as well though, but it would
require an extra inline function to be added to the API (either to KGlobals
or to both KStandardDirs and KIconLoader).

Second, I just included the prefix.c (little bit modified) and prefix.h files.
It would also be possible to only strip the necessary functionality out of
those files and directly include it in one of the source files, but I
personally prefer this solution.

Finally, the patch requires some changes to the build system as well, so you
need to rerun Makefile.cvs and configure for it to work.

Bye,
Arend jr.

--
Arend van Beelen jr.
http://www.liacs.nl/~dvbeelen

No one survived from the Royal Fusiliers Company C - they were all left
behind, most of them dead, the rest of them dying.
-- When the Tigers broke free, Pink Floyd