KDirWatch emitting dirty signal many times for one change

Daniel Martin Lambea martind at pirack.com
Wed Apr 14 10:21:34 BST 2004

>> We're developing a GUI environment. IMHO it's fine to say that some
>> features don't work well when people start messing around with the
>> console.
>
> 1/ OK I agree we must be able to have a 100% graphic environment.
> BUT, we are on UNIX. And we also must provide command line
> equivalents...
> With your reasonment we go back on the MS way : 100% GUI... or do
> nothing.

  Tell me if I'm wrong, but as I understood, I think David wanted to say
that KDE is exactly what it is: a GUI. We don't try to build a complete
system, just a user interface to the real system. With that in mind, we
see the limits to our possibilities. One of the limits is that we cannot
control all the access to the filesystem, system-wide. This is a task
for a lower layer.

  Regards,
    Daniel M. Lambea