language

Andrew Coles andrew_coles at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 10 11:21:56 BST 2004

> As it is now,
> the styleguide commits are just "this is wrong", with no information on
> _what_ exactly is wrong (yeah, cvs diff) or why.

I've always steered away from stating the rules when correcting typos - I
don't want to give the developers the impression that they are being 'told
off' (thoughts of a CVS log ' Do not end sentences with prepositions. 3/10,
See Me' spring to mind...!)  If it's just a one word difference I tend to
say what I've changed, though, to summarise the diff in one or two words -
couldn't -> could not, for example.

Andrew