Math expression applet

Andrew Coles andrew_coles at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 00:18:47 BST 2004

Hi,

I noticed the proposed Math expression applet on the KDE 3.3 release plan
and thought it was a good idea so I wrote one.  I've posted about it on
kde-devel and was told to ask on kde-core-devel if and where I should commit
it into the CVS (I have a CVS account from my i18n/proof-reading work, but
thought it would be a little impolite to just insert something into KDE
without checking first :-)

I've tried contacting Ismael Orenstein, whose name was listed next to it in
the todo list, to see if any work had already been done on it; however, the
email bounced, and an email to another address from google bearing his name
also bounced:  so, it brings me to ask - should I commit it and, if so,
where?

Oh, if anyone wants a look the code is available at:

http://cis.strath.ac.uk/~ac/math.tar.bz2

Regards,

Andrew