How to set focus to another application?

shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Mon Sep 29 19:22:52 BST 2003

On Monday 29 Sep 2003 1:06 pm, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  So, if this is the common case, you already know the answer. If it's not,
> then please describe it, as there may be different solutions depending on
> what exactly you want to do.

I am writing a visual keyboard ("viki")  for KDE[1]. Viki is expected to be a
complete KDE application. When Viki starts and so has focus, the user
point's'clicks to select a "target" application window such as KWord. The
user then gets to click on KPushButtons which mimic the real keyboard keys
but actually deliver events to the target application using XTest's
XTestFakeKeyEvent().

>  This seems to be a bug in focus stealing prevention, actually.

FWIW, I am running Mandrake 9.1 with KDE 3.1.3. I note your bugfixes in this
area announced in this week's KDE CVS digest - might this problem be fixed in
KDE HEAD?

Might there be a workaround for KDE 3.1.3?

Thanks, Shaheed