Proposal: Encouraging DB-using applications

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Sep 24 22:53:29 BST 2003

Roberto Alsina wrote:
>>Please look @ the Kexi Project. We are working on reusing good features of
>>sqlite and be more engine-independent than QSQL module, and more KDElibs
>>friently what caould be hopefully labeled by "designed for KDE"
>

> Could it be used by a Qt app? That's just as a personal question.

Currently, only dependencies we have in KexiDB is that KexiDB::DriverManager
(that is in fact driver factory) uses KDE's KServices as Drivers database. And
  some kdebugs. So, we plan to extract appropriate layer that makes KexiDB
fully qt-only lib and move kde-dependencies to thin sub-layer.

> When you say "reusing good features of sqlite", you mean you are
> implementing your own embedded database?

We have now sqlite's sources in kexi/3rdparty/ dir, although not yet modified.
We are prepared to modifications, if any reasonable idea will come, but still
we are hardly trying to use just original sqlite sources.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
   Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska