KDE Jabber Server, Proposal

Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett duncan at kde.org
Tue Sep 23 02:30:18 BST 2003

> > What about people with a CVS account but without a @kde.org address? They
> > are part of the KDE project, so they might deserve the use of the "devel
> > server". But what happens then with the "personal opinions of foo at kde.org
> > do not represent KDE" issue? (Which is one of the reasons why not
> > everyone gets a @kde.org addy when they get their CVS account.)

In most organizations, personal opinions never represent the opinion of the
entire organization. We have press contacts/official representatives which
represent KDE's opinion in each zone, who are known to be involved with KDE
and have a notion of its current direction.

I don't think restrictions would help that, history has shown very involved
and known developers sometimes can be more problematic inside the community
and in the relationship with the general oss world than new developers, there
is no such relation between those 2 parameters.

People talking in the name of KDE, doing it wrong and not representing the
whole project matters, should be amonested. If someone wants to give his
personal opinion, you can do it using your private email address (using
KDE.org email as your unique and main address has no much sense at all)

Cheers
Duncan