Proposal: Encouraging DB-using applications

Roberto Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Sun Sep 21 09:32:21 BST 2003

[snip]
>> > Another reason could be : because no KDE application has any need for
>> > DB.
[snip]
>> Examples of applications where a DB makes sense:
>>
>> Recipe app (KRecipes)
>> Mail/News client (why not?, it makes "search folders" way simpler)
>> CD/Book/Whatever catalog
>
> Yes, KMusicDB uses it...

And that's a good example. The app seems more or less useful (I own like
2 CDs, so I'm not qualified ;-), but you have to install (not so hard)
and configure (somewhat hard) a postgresql server to keep your CDs in
order?

So, the author pf the app can either create an app that will have
trouble finding users, or have trouble kicking a text file into
doing his bidding.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Imminentizing the eschaton since 1971.