Makefile-guru needed for kdemultimedia/krec

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Wed Sep 17 15:14:15 BST 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Arnold Krille wrote:
> I am a bit in trouble and in need of a makefile-guru.

<rant about Makefile.am obfuscation deleted; where _is_ the new xdg stuff
documented? can i whine to -devel everytime i need a new .desktop file and
have no idea it belongs in xdg_DATA or scurrilous_rabbit_DATA or
whatever?>

Hi Arnold,

If you look in kdepim/kpilot/conduits, in the Makefile.am you will see
that one of the conduits (plugin libraries) is optional: the malsync one.
You use an automakefile conditional to possibly prevent compilation there.
You can also see that the configure.in.in there contains checks for the
required libraries. The important thing is the AM_CONDITIONAL part.

> The check for the libs is already done in kioslave/audiocd but I don't have a
> glue about how to use this for my files.
> If no libvorbis is found make should compile the krecexport_ogg.la and not
> install the lib and its relating files...

Probably you mean "not compile". Assuming kioslave/audiocd defines an
AM_CONDITIONAL for the ogg libs, you can use it to conditionally include
the ogg export plugin.

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg at cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE