little reminder on the 3.2 release schedule

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Sep 17 09:55:14 BST 2003

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 04:59, Don Sanders wrote:

> Me three, for client side imap filtering with optional body filtering,
> html editing support and adding whatever private/hidden dcop
> interface is required to KMail for better integration with
> KOrganizer.
Hmm, you know how to get a release dude by his balls, right? ;(

All these features need _massive_ testing, it's nothing that you
commit two days before master and be done with it. Without these
it doesn't even make sense to release a beta - especially taking that
I discover a new crash every day with the other kmail features that
went into 3.2 (and there are still some pending that are not on your
above list) ;(

HTML editing support I would sacrifice (especially taking that I
guess it will open a whole can of worms with the composer), but
korganizer integration and client side imap filtering are features
we promised to deliver with 3.2 (and dimap will most likely not
make it into beta1 either - so without client side filtering at all
we're still only half the way to 3.2).

I'd like to hear dates from you now. 9th november for a first beta
with all features is way too late when we want to have it done
before christmas (which I would prefer - I sleep bad enough
waking up at times thinking IIMMAAPP ;).

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.