kwin_iii is being merged back to HEAD

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Sep 16 20:11:22 BST 2003

 Hello,

 see %subj%. I'm intentionally saying "is being", since this will take some
time, as this also requires syncing with the decorations developers porting
the styles (and I'm already getting a bit confused about what's where).

 What this means for you: Either don't update, or don't complain. If you do
'cvs up -rbefore_kwin_iii' in kdebase/kwin, you'll get the last HEAD KWin
version before merging, so there's is nobody forcing you to use the new KWin
(yet ;) ).

 If you do decide to update to the new KWin, you'll basically encounter the
following things:
- bugs - indeed, I worked hard on creating new ones :) - please use normally
bugs.kde.org for reporting them - there should be nothing catastrophic
though, I consider kwin_iii to be in quite good shape
- only few styles will work - I'll merge back only Keramik, ModernSys and KDE2
default styles - style developers will merge others after me, and few of the
styles that are harder to port will take longer (e.g. the B2 one)

 I'll announce when the merge is done and you're all obliged to serve as my
testers ;).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer