userfrindly????

Anders Lund anders.lund at lund.tdcadsl.dk
Sat Sep 13 23:00:07 BST 2003

I thought kde was supposed to become nicer and more user frienly, but recently
things seems to go in the oppersite direction.

Today, I wanted to edit a php file in my webserver, so i middleclicked it in
konqueror. For some reason, kde seemed to have forgotten that I edit such
files using Kate, so it popped the "open with" dialog.

So far so good.

I chose Kate from the tree, adn marked the "remember this association" box,
eager to move on to editing my file, but -- no :((

Kde decided to keep me waiting for several seconds, while "updating the system
configuration", and then one more lengty process using a progress
dialog,before it would care open my file.

I find this unacceptable!!!

a) the file sould be launched immediately in the selected application
b) the updating should not be that big a job, and since I allready actively
decided I wanted it, it should be silent.

-anders
*** NEW ID *** Jabber: anderslund at jabber.dk
GPG fingerprint: 4B50 66DE CF6E 35E3 4446 5DC1 CB23 1264 0F2C 0826