--enable-final broken

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at virgilio.it
Sat Sep 13 11:13:21 BST 2003

On Saturday 13 September 2003 06:08, david mattatall wrote:
> On Friday 12 September 2003 19:45, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 12:20:09PM +0200, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > > Both kio/bookmarks/kbookmarkimporter_ie.cc
> > > and kio/bookmarks/kbookmarkimporter_crash.cc
> > > define
> > >
> > > static const int g_lineLimit
> >
> > fix it then
> > sorry but i'm not supporting this crap
> >
> > Alex
>
> To what crap are you refering? Kbookmarks IE importer? or --enable final?
>
> Info on what --enable final actually does, is sparce. Why do you think it's
> crap?

--enable-final is a hack, but it is useful.
What it does is that it includes all the sources of a module in a common file,
which is compiled as one file instead of compiling all the files separately.
It improves compilation time, at least for me, and reduces the object size
slightly. Maybe it will be obsoleted by some future version of gcc, but
for now I think it should be supported.

But maybe Alex refers to the Importer stuff, I see now it is deprecated...

In any case, here is my fix for the problem.
It moves the constants to the class definition, where I feel that these
constants should really be.

Luciano