share your enthusiasm with our users.

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at olympusproject.org
Wed Sep 10 21:27:28 BST 2003

hi all...

with the release of KDE 3.2 approaching, i'd like to put together an article
about the NEW things in KDE 3.2. i'll most likely write a small intro (1-2
paras) highlighting KDE in general, but then quickly segway into a trip
through All That's New In 3.2 ...

this is not intended to compete with the release announcement or the usual
"New Features Guide" release that usually accompanies a KDE release. this is
meant to augment them. the intention is to provide a high-speed "from the
horses mouth" look at the brand new apps of KDE, of which there are plenty in
this release. i also want the article to be a bit more informal, lighter and
more fun than the traditional KDE release promo literature.

but i don't want to write it all on my own. not just because i'm a lazy
bastard, but because i think it would be really cool for the users of your
software to hear your voice. if you've added a new and/or interesting app/
applet/library to 3.2, here's what i'm looking for: a couple paragraphs (at
most) explaining what your app does and why it's cool, interesting, useful,
whatever. maybe why you wrote it, your favourite feature in it, or who your
intended audience is/was. screenshots are also highly desireable.

don't worry about making the text perfect or formatting it.. just send me the
plain text and screenies via email and i'll put it all together in time for
3.2 ... if for some reason you don't want your name to appear in a by-line,
please note that in your email as well.

below is a list of "new things" in 3.2 that i'd like to include bits on. if
you are the author, please consider drafting something up and sending it my
way. if i've missed something in the list, which wouldn't suprise me due to
the shear volume of changes, don't hesitate to do the same =)

if you've ripped an app apart and/or improved it so radically that it's
practically a new app, i may consider including it, but i think that's better
served by the New Featres Guide.

Apps
- ----
juk
devices applet (kicker)
universal sidebar (kicker extension)
khotkeys2
kdialog
ksplash(ml)
kwallet
KDE accessability: kmag, kmousetool, mouth
Konqi Mozila-like sidebar (real name?)
vimpart
plastik
Kig
KBruch
KGoldrunner
kopete
kontact
kcachegrind
umbrello
kgpg
kdelirc
kpdf
quanta's kommander (is that new in 3.2?)
caret mode in KHTML
libkcddb

Not In Release, But Noteworthy?
kaxul