kde-cvs mailinglist reorganization

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Sep 10 19:27:45 BST 2003

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 02:35, CP Hennessy wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 September 2003 15:08, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > Rob Kaper wrote:
> > > I have 10,000 unread messages in kde-cvs and it bothers me. I
> > > realize I could set up client-side filters, but that would still
> > > be a waste of bandwith for both me and KDE.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > - Have extra mailinglists per module. This doesn't mean kde-cvs
> > > as is needs
> > >   to go, as it'll still be ALL in CVSROOT/loginfo, but it allows
> > > for smaller distributions channels alongside the existing one.
> >
> > There is a service somewhere (not supplied by kde.org, but by some
> > company, I think), where you can subscribe to cvs commit logs for
> > individual dirctories of any of the KDE CVS modules. I subscribed
> > to kdepim/kpilot, and it works fine.
>
> Even better it is a news host so you can use KNode ( or you favourite
> news reader ). They have broken cvs commits into modules. The server
> is uslinuxtraining.com

The problem with the news feed is that the Message-Id is not preserved.
Therefore replies can't be threaded correctly by In-reply-to or
References. And not even subject threading helps that much because the
subject is always the same for commits to one subdirectory.

An IMAP feed (also like the one at uslinuxtraining.com; does it still
work?) would be cool. Maybe in connection with a Kolab server.

Regards,
Ingo