Adding flac-support to kde-multimedia?

Chris Cheney ccheney at cheney.cx
Tue Sep 9 07:53:58 BST 2003

Allan,

Can you add support to play ogg flac files as well? Ogg Flac support was
added to the flac libraries with the 1.0.4 release on Sept 24 2002. Also
With the new Ogg Vorbis 1.0.1 release (due out any day now) ogg123 will
be able to play them so it would be nice if KDE could as well. :)

I assume Ogg Flac's would use the kfile_plugin/ogg so it would need to be
extended to recognize flac streams and report information on them.

Thanks,

Chris Cheney