KWallet integration

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Thu Sep 4 10:08:52 BST 2003

On Thursday 04 September 2003 10:56, Martin Konold wrote:

> > That does not, however, mean that I want everyone to be able to use my
> > GnuPG key
>
> Your goal is impossible to be reached!
>
> Everyone having root access to your machine is easily capable to steal your
> passwords/idendentity without you even noticing. The Unix/Linux security
> model simply provides _no_ means to be save from a malicious root.

Well, sure. It's all about the right limits. There is a difference between
a) installing trojan horses and steal your passphrase
and
b) click in kmail/kgpg

Security is always about limits - so just because any limit can be worked
around, we don't have to lower our limits.

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.