Our online protest works

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Thu Sep 4 08:15:34 BST 2003

On Wednesday 03 September 2003 19:07, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 03:41:20PM +0200, Martin Konold wrote:
> > Heise Online mentiones that Arlene McCarthy becomes nervous and complains
> > about the online demonstrations and lobbying process of open source
> > advocates.
> >
> > see also:
> > http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/jk-03.09.03-007/
>
> They called the website campaigns "unfair and destructive".
>
> From what I make of that, it only means the EP/EC/EU decision makers will be
> more careful about what plans they reveal in the future. I don't see
> anything that indicates they want to change their plans, only that they
> don't like criticism. :-/
Right, they love democray and free speech - just not if they face criticism.
If the future is about "we won't tell before it's decided - you have to protest
in the election in 5 years", then the protests won't just be within free software
project's web pages though ;)

Greetings, Stpehan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.